Recipe Countdown Day 6: Florentine Ravioli
June 22, 2009
[Image and Recipe courtesy of Delish.com]
* 1 package(s) (20-ounce) frozen cheese ravioli or tortellini
* 6 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
* 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
* 1 bag(s) (16-ounce) frozen chopped or whole-leaf spinach
* 1/2 cup(s) water
* 1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook ravioli (or tortellini) according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add salt, crushed red pepper to taste, spinach and water. Cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has thawed, wilted and heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls, top with the pasta and drizzle 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over each portion. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Fresh parmesan doesn’t figure into my cooking routine often enough, though, so I think another standard block o’cheese will take its place. Cheddar? Or mozzarella. Mmm, fresh mozzarella. And even better, the mozza can be used in a caprese salad before the pasta is served. Plus one veggie, reuse a fresh ingredient so you don’t have too much left over, double plus good! 🙂