November 14, 2009
On one friend’s crises [feeling overwhelmed, needing someone to talk to, going to the ER, reporting back from the ER] alone, I’ve squandered at least 6 study hours over the past two days. Add to that my serious lack of concentration, and you might see why my highly productive run-up to the NY trip was so very much NOT duplicated today.
I meant to study a new section, do the homework and take the quiz. Now I’ve run out of time to study and take my quiz since it’s a forced completion deal online – once you start, you MUST finish. Crap.
It’s not like I’ve gotten nothing done since my return nearly 96 hours ago. Au contraire! I have ….
- donated books to the library
- collected and donated two boxes of stuff to Goodwill
- rounded up and junked two more boxes worth of trash, old decrepit mementos from the junior high era
- printed dozens of coupons for MoneyMateKate
- scanned and filed away a sheaf of paperwork
- sorted out half a ream’s worth of used paper for the printing of coupons
- made a Walgreen’s run
- helped a friend sort through some troubles [unspecified for privacy’s sake]
- counseled a friend on family money matters [a bequest, an educational fund, investing, banking]
- run two loads of laundry
- read 5 new comic books
- watched 7 episodes of Sports Night
- began to normalize a sleep schedule of 12 am- 8am
- had a delicious burger dinner one night, an even more delicious BBQ dinner another night
Admittedly, not everything on that list was really truly being productive. But I should get points for honesty, even if not buckling down? Or not. It doesn’t really matter because my books are coming with me to Hawaii and *sob* that should be punishment enough. I won’t even ask the professor for an extension, I’m just going to [finally!] bite the bullet and get it done one way or another.